Getting the Windows update errors are a common problem, there are many cases seen when updating Windows 10 causes Windows update errors. So to fix the update very first try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter, this is an inbuilt tool that helps you to fix various Windows update errors.
- Open Start menu > type troubleshoot > hit Enter.
- And run the Windows Update troubleshooter
Hope this works for you but if not then try the below-given steps:
- Browse to "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete the contents of the folder.
- Press Windows key + X > Click Command Prompt (Admin) then type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Hit Enter
- Open Control Panel > Windows Update and Windows 10 should begin downloading.